Monday, February 21, 2011

Premature Book Review: Flesh and Bone, Rise of the Necromancers (Jessy Marie Roberts, ed, 2010)

The publisher of Flesh and Bone, Rise of the Necromancers were nice enough to send me a copy of their book of short stories, 21 in all by various authors. So far they are very enjoyable. The stories are not overly long, and take place in a variety of settings; some fantasy, modern, even a World War I story. Fortunately, up to this point, it is not too zombie heavy, and oddly no vampires yet.

Thus far the stories have been interesting and remind me of some of the scary story books you might have read as a kid, though they are not childish; they just have that same feeling to me. It is almost as if they are grown up versions of those same books.

You can get this as either a paperback (trade size, I assume) or a Kindle eBook. The price for the hardcopy is a tad steep in my opinion at $16.99 through Amazon, but the eBook price is reasonable at $5.00. This is well worth checking out if you like horror, particularly short stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment