Saturday, March 19, 2011

Podcasts I Listen To

El Diabolik's World of Psychotronic Soundtracks: Tenebrous Kate hepped me to this one. It is a fairly new podcast, with just seven episodes thus far, but is nicely done. The play music from those awesome, weird movies of that beloved bygone era. Their intention is to play only songs they have on vinyl, and they discuss the films, musicians, and actors associated. It is a lot of fun and well worth checking out. You can subscribe by iTunes, or (after some digging I found) via RSS:


qrcode
http://eldiabolik.jellycast.com/podcast/feed/3

Movies About Girls: This one can be rather long, but is a lot of fun, and AiN follower Gore Gore Girl is a contributor. It is very much like a morning radio show sans music. Well, mostly. They play some songs as breaks, and make fun of some songs. They have a fun blog too, which is where the link provided will take you. You can subscribe via iTunes. I cannot find an RSS feed for the podcast, so if any of the MAG folks are reading this, I am on a BlackBerry and would love to subscribe, but I say no to iTunes... Got a feed link for the podcast?

SModcast: I am on the fence with this one. Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier talk about stuff for 90 minutes or so. A lot of it is Kevin Smith talk, but other stuff comes up. I have not heard enough to really decide what I think of it. If you are a Smith/Mosier fan you'll likely enjoy it, though you also likely subscribe already.

5 comments:

mike said...

Thanks for the shoutout!!!
Glad you enjoy the show, now enjoy on your fancy blackberry (whatever that is... sounds showoffy to me)!

http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MoviesAboutGirls

Darius Whiteplume said...

NP, and thanks for letting me in on the magic that is Rebecca Black [groan] :-D

Unfortunately the feedburner link does not work with my podcast app. I do have it in my RSS reader, so I can DL that way. When I did my podcast on feedburner I had to set it up as a podcast feed rather than a standard blog feed. It is too much work, what with the XML file creation and all :-)

Kal said...

I like those Ricky Gervais/Steven Merchant/Karl Pilkington podcasts on various subject. Karl has no filter and never seems to get offended when Ricky calls 'bullocks' on something that Karl says he has 'seen' or 'read'.

Darius Whiteplume said...

It is amazing how many are out there that I have not heard of. I just heard about the Gervais one because he is beating Adam Carolla's podcast in ratings (?), whose podcast I heard of from Marc Maron's... I need to check out Nerdist as well. I like Chris Hardwick, so it should be good.

El Diabolik said...

Hey there, el diabolik here!

Thanks for mentioning our podcast, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
If you go to http://eldiabolik.com/ you can also see all the album sleeves and track listings. Episode 9 has just gone live!

Thanks again.

Post a Comment