Monday, April 4, 2011

Fan-Boy Icon #39 - Noboru Iguchi

Noboru Iguchi began his film career making adult films in Japan, of varying genre and degree of hardness. Eventually he moved on to the world of comedy/horror/sci-fi. These films are outlandish, and I think rather artsy. There is a lot of fan-service, but that is okey with me. Noboru is responsible for genre favorite The Machine Girl and one of my favorites, RoboGeisha. One of his early mainstream films was Sukeban Boy, about a boy with a girl's face who attends a girl's school. Coming up is Karate-Robo Zaborgar and Mutant Girls Squad. Here are some trailers.

2 comments:

Gilligan said...

Just letting you know I spent an entire hour and a half in the doctor's waiting room catching up on your blog. Anitra Ford, the possible manhood of Mae West, podcasts to add to my subscription lists, short and sweet movie reviews with plenty of eye candy.... it sure beat the hell out of those old magazines stacked on the waiting room table.

Just wanted to say thanks and it's great to see you are continuing the good work. One of the coolest blogs out there hands down.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Glad I could make the waiting room more tolerable :-)

I have been a lousy blog reader lately. Must get back by Retrospace again soon.

Post a Comment