Monday, May 30, 2011

Fan-Boy Icon #44 - Chris Hardwick @nerdist

One of the handful who is not afraid to proclaim their nerdliness is Chris Hardwick. Many of us first met Chris when he hosted MTV's Singled Out (man, do I feel old), and the less ubiquitous Shipmates and Wired Science. He is (was?) a writer for "Wired" magazine, and does tech reviews on G4's Attack of the Show segment "Geek Pr0n." If you get G4, you have likely seen Web Soup, a spin off of E!'s The Soup. On it they look at viral videos, and occasionally give shout outs to people on the web I have heard of. I once heard him exclaim "Wolfman's got gnards!" which is certainly a reference to blogger, Tweeter, and enemy of Robert Picardo's handlers, @wolfgnards. He does stand-up comedy as well. Check the site for all that jazz (below).

The easiest way to get your Hardwick on is to check out his website, nerdist.com, Twitter, or podcast. Sure, he's on Facebook and MySpace, but really, is it still 2002? ;-) I listen to the podcast regularly and have mentioned it here before. It is always a good time, and there are some awfully interesting guests.

6 comments:

Ty said...

Good Write-up! The nerdist podcast is really great! Loved the Rob Zombie episode.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Glad you liked it. The recent one with Patton Oswalt was pretty awesome. I'll have to go back for the Rob Zombie one. I don't love everything Zombie does, but he is still my kind of nerd ;-D

Caffeinated Joe (Wings) said...

Love the podcast, which I was unsure of since I didn't find Web Soup to be very funny when it premiered. Maybe I need to give it a new look see.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Hardwick is funny on Web Soup. I have not seen it in a while. Lots of guys getting hit in the nuts, but there are some really funny things on it. I did not like it at first either, but it grew on me, just about the time DirecTV dropped G4.

Ty said...

Just listened to the Patton episode. It was hilarious!

Darius Whiteplume said...

That was a good one. I like Patton. Smart, funny, and looks like a hobbit. :-)

Post a Comment