Friday, May 20, 2011

Nerd Girl of Note #113 - Alex Kingston

I am not a huge Doctor Who fan. I like it, yeah, but just don't get too crazy. The thing that has kept me interested is how awesome the companions always are. I love Sarah Jane Smith, Donna Noble and Amy Pond. Not sure that we categorize Dr. River Song as a companion, but she is way up on my list of favorite characters.

Many people my age will remember Kingston as Dr. Corday on ER, but I never liked that show. You might also enjoy her as Queen Boudicca in Masterpiece Theatre's Warrior Queen.

















BTW, this was supposed to be up last week, but Blogger ate it. :-(

6 comments:

The Vicar of VHS said...

Love her--great accent, great look, great rack. :)

BTW, she was also in a pretty good adaptation of MOLL FLANDERS, IIRC. Worth seeking out if you're a fan *and* a lit geek. :)

Ray Rousell said...

There's just something about her......

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Vicar - I need to start trolling Netflix for her stuff; trolling as in the fishing term, not saying they are "stupid heads" on Twitter ;-)

@RR - Now I have "Something in the Way She Moves" in my head - The Beatles, nit James Taylor :-)

T. Roger Thomas said...

Well, there are two things I like about her.

Major.Mack said...

like a good nerd to serve some shaft ;)

Darius Whiteplume said...

:-D

Post a Comment