Monday, June 13, 2011

Fan-Boy Icon #46 - Rachel Maddow (@maddow)

Sure, the Fan-Boy Icon is typically a male we want to highlight, but in the interest of equality (and since we have had male Nerd Girls of Note) I wanted to mention Rachel Maddow.

If you know anything about me, it might be that I don't pay attention to the news or politics. Frankly, I find the news to be cheesy  and obnoxious; not to mention depressing. Once upon a time I enjoyed Keith Olberman's show (which is off the air), but frankly I stopped watching because the bulk of the show was him going after his opposite numbers at Faux News. This is necessary, I think, but frankly he was preaching to the choir. I already know those guys are douche bags and do not need 45 minutes of reminders. Maddow's show seems less inclined in this direction. I don't watch it often (I don't pick most of the tv viewing in the house), but always find her to be funny and insightful; likely the smartest person on television. Her show is on Monday through Friday at 9PM (EST) on MSNBC, and well worth watching.

Here is a clip I enjoyed comparing the Anthony Weiner scandal to that of sitting senator David Vitter; an arch douche bag if I ever saw one. Includes an interview with super-awesome Larry Flynt.

2 comments:

chris said...

Keith comes back next Monday, June 20 on Current TV.

http://current.com/shows/countdown/

And yes, Rachel may be the smartest and certainly is the most interesting person on US TV. I wish she had one of the Sunday shows.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I did hear he was going to Current. I may have to check him out. He'll likely be given a wide berth there.

Post a Comment