Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I was just thinking...



Now, I was never a big fan of B.J. and the Bear,and if you asked me where the concept of the 1979 television show came from I would say it was part Smokey and the Bandit (1977) and part Every Which Way but Loose (1978). A truck driver being pursued by an obsessed sheriff in one, and a guy with an ape sidekick in the other. However, Star Wars (1977) had a truck driver (Han Solo) and a hairy sidekick (Chewbacca) pursued by a relentless foe who, for all intents and purposes, was the law on Tatooine...

Makes ya wonder.

4 comments:

Thomas Pluck said...

Haha. I loved BJ and the Bear as a kid. I got in trouble for signing my quizzes as "BJ" in 2nd grade...

Darius Whiteplume said...

Inever watched BJ. Probably should have. I forget what it's competition was. Maybe the old man didn't like it?

T. Roger Thomas said...

Han was at least a glorified truck driver.

Darius Whiteplume said...

And he was an actual smuggler. I don't know what BJ was involved in, but I gather it was harmless and Lobo was just a prick.

Post a Comment