Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hack/Slash (Image, 2007)

As the world of comics reopens itself to me I am delving into areas that looked interesting, but never got me to open my wallet. Thanks to digital, I decided to give Hack/Slash a try.

It is appropriately dark for my tastes thus far. Cassandra "Cassie" Hack hunts serial killers with her partner Vlad "The Meatman" whom she meets in Chicago. Cassie's mother, it appears, was a serial killer and it is likely that Cassie gets her penchant for violence from her.



I have only read issue #1, but this one looks like a keeper. I prefer digital, but will have to see if getting compilations would be more cost-efficient. Here is a fun bit I found on Tumblr, completely unrelated to issue #1. Dexter vs Jason vs Hack/Slash. Click image to expand.

"We are blood spatter experts also, yes?"

2 comments:

Shon Richards said...

There are some nice affordable omnibuses where they collect a crapload of issues into affordable 20$ish books. It is nice to have the entire series in three books. It is one of my favorite series.

Darius Whiteplume said...

The digitals are 99¢ each, so I have to do the math. I was going to get the Bomb Queen collections, but I assume they are out of print as all I found were from individual sellers who wanted a ton for them.

Post a Comment