Friday, September 16, 2011

Nerd Girl of Note #130: Megan Fox

I have not been the nicest guy when it comes to Megan Fox. I'll admit it. However, between Jennifer's Body and her purported feud with Michael "We Need More Explosions" Bay, I am kind of learning to dig her. This is likely old news to many of you, but I don't care a tinker's cuss about Transformers, be it movies or cartoons, so it is semi-news to me about her dumping the series or being fired from it. Whichever story is true works for me. Either she quit because she thought Michael Bay was a complete bastard, or got fired for saying Michael Bay was a complete bastard. Either earns her a check in my win column. Here is a trashy entertainment show report on the feud.



Outside of Jennifer's Body, I am not overly familiar with her work. She did quite a bit of television prior to Transformers transforming her into a major star. She was a regular on Ocean Avenue and Hope & Faith, and bits on Two and a Half Men, What I Like About You, and The Help. On the heels of Transformers she was in a film I have yet to see, but has a pretty stellar cast; How to Lose Friends and Alienate People where she costars with Kirsten Dunst, Gillian Anderson, Jeff Bridges and Simon Pegg.

One thing I found that was pretty awesome was the fake trailer for "Teresa" from How to Lose Friends and Alienate People in which Fox's character stars in an NC-17 biopic on Mother Teresa. The acting looks horrible, but if you have watched as many sleazy films as I have you will see the performance as spot-on.



So, what the Hell? If you were on the opposite side of the fence with me, give her another look. She is still a bit too Angelina Jolie clone looking for me to get seriously into in a lusty way, but her work is not as bad as I had previously considered it. The toe-thumbs skeeve me out a bit too.





15 comments:

DRANCE said...

Ha ha, toe-thumbs! She has to know that everyone says that about her by now, right? I mean, how could she not? She probably doesn't care, if she does know about it. I mean, she's probably like: "So what? Guys aren't looking at my thumbs."

Lisa K. said...

I liked her since she did Jennifer's Body and Michel Bay acted like a 16 year old boy (which kinda fits, considering his films).
Sometimes all that comes out of her mouth is hot air, but I hope she somehow finds her way, because she is more entertaining than 90% of the other mainstream actresses in Hollywood. Maybe she should stick to the b-movie (her look & acting fits) kind of films although right now she is trying to do more serious work. Maybe it works, but I am afraid, it won't.
Is that nun picture of her real? It looks a bit manipulated, but I definitely like it.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I just can't get past her toe thumbs. Call me shallow but it's the truth.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Drance - I agree. I have noticed in two films I watched after I wrote this that you never really see her hands.

Lisa - I do think she'd find a permanent home in b movies. The nun picture is from the fake trailer for " Teresa: the Making of a Saint" (video in the post).

Kal - it isn't shallow when we discuss the unattainable ;-)

Nathan said...

I think I'm mostly just disturbed that I've heard she wears, like, toddler-sized clothes. Not that that's necessarily her fault, but I kind of have to suspect it is.

Darius Whiteplume said...

That is weird, though she seems to be a rather diminutive person.

The Kid In The Front Row said...

I like her.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I did watch "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People" which was good, though her role was small. And I saw Passion Play with Mickey Rourke which was pretty enjoyable. Streams onNetflix, btw. She is growing on me.

Lisa K. said...

Oh okay, that's what I get for being too annoyed over my PC constantly crashing down when I am trying to watch a video.

Megan Fox said...

I always try to be better for me personally and to all my fans. Thanks to my fans around the world who always supported my career.

Love to you all
Megan Fox

Megan Fox said...

I always try to be better for me personally and to all my fans. Thanks to my fans around the world who always supported my career.

Love to you all
Megan Fox

Nathan said...

So Megan Fox randomly posts foreign-language spam to blogs that mention her? Who knew?

Darius Whiteplume said...

She's just trying to be inclusive ;-)

kennan said...

Two and a Half Men, What I Like About You, and The Help. On the heels of Transformers she was in a film I have yet to see, but has a pretty stellar cast; http://www.makaronrestaurant.co.za How to Lose Friends and Alienate People where she costars with Kirsten Dunst, Gillian Anderson, Jeff Bridges and Simon Pegg.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Lose Friends/Alienate was pretty good. Simon Pegg does quite a nice job playing an asshole... of sorts. Worth checking out if you can.

Post a Comment