Saturday, October 1, 2011

October Horror Movie Challenge Day 1 (#horrormoviechallenge)

The Devil Within Her has the awesomely sexy Joan Collins, similarly sexy Caroline Munro, latter-day Hammer star Ralph Bates, and Donald Pleasance. Lucy (Collins) is a former stripper who was cursed by a rapey dwarf when she spurns his advances. Nine months after her marriage she has a toothsome and scratchy 12 pound baby that proceeds to make her life hell.

Verdict: Could have been worse. I am sick at the moment, and was drifting in and out. Made by the Rank company, so has some Hammer elements going for it.

5 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

First of all that poster is freaking me the F*CK OUT! This film reminds me of a similar movie called the BROOD where a woman had little demon babies who killed everyone she was mad at...I was given the book to read by a priest while I was in the hospital for tonsilitis - TRUE STORY.

Darius Whiteplume said...

The baby legged knife hand is pretty gruesome, innit? It was not as scary as Rosemary's Baby, but weird and creepy.

Dave said...

I don't like horror. But Joan Collins? :)

funny, I saw nightmare on elm street by accident when it came out, for some reason I didn't realize it was horror.

Caffeinated Joe said...

Wasn't a great movie, but it's not the worst ever. Cool post!

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Dave some people might argue Nightmare was not very scary. I might be one of them.

@CJ it likely helped to be delirious. :-)

Post a Comment