Today we’re proud to re-launch Network Awesome. Never before has TV been more integrated with our social networks, our on-demand time needs, and our sub-cultural inclinations. The redesign of Network Awesome was created to meet those needs and help jaded TV viewers reconnect with the experience they are missing.
In an age where TV has less and less relevance, Network Awesome is a new kind of TV Network for a new era of TV viewing. Network Awesome is a place for learning, entertainment, discovery, and most of all, fun.
The redesign of Network Awesome helps guide the viewer through our archive of over 3,500+ movies, documentaries, interviews, and videos. Our 25 Video Curators recommend content based on similarities while our archive is easy to search but also encourages viewers to stumble upon the unknown.
Network Awesome curates the vast resources of YouTube and presents it to you linearly just like TV. Launched last year by a Laptop Rocker and a Neuroscientist, the site is run by 136 volunteers, has more than 1,200,000 videos watched, with the average time on site for returning viewers hovering around 24 minutes!
What’s new in Network Awesome
- Redesigned Archive
- All of our 3,500 shows are both easier to find and collected with similar shows
- Search by category, subject, year, or anything else
- 6 Categories: Movies, Doc, Live Music Show, Art, Trailer Trash, and Collections (of videos by theme)
- Curated special events have pages in the archive for repeat viewing
- Explore archive by theme (ie: meta tags)
- 28 new Series pages for collected episodes and information
- Content is recommended across the site
- Network Awesome Magazine articles bundled with related video
- Entire site rebuilt with HTML 5
- New tools to view and share video
- New comment section on all pages
- launched Jan 1, 2011
- 1,120,000 videos watched
- 803,000 Page Views
- 433,000 Visitors
- Average Time on Site for returning viewers: 18:37
- Highest Average Time on Site for returning viewers: 26:31
- 31.33% of Visitors have returned to the site more than 50 times
- Network Awesome Magazine published 360 feature-length articles